Each and every day, the people at New Jersey City University live our mission by cultivating an understanding of community diversity; tapping our urban setting’s vast assets to our students’ benefit; and engaging faculty, students and partner organizations in identifying and solving urban challenges.
We are wholly dedicated to helping motivated learners build the proficiencies necessary for lifelong success:
• Effective written and oral communication
• Quantitative literacy, or the ability to apply mathematical skills in real-world situations
• Critical thinking
• Information and technology literacy
• Responsible citizenship in a culturally complex world
• Knowledge within their disciplinary or interdisciplinary fields
At NJCU, every facet of the student experience is designed to help you reach your greatest potential:
• High-quality educational programs
• High expectations for personal accomplishment
• Experiential learning
• Personalized services to assist learning
• A safe, welcoming environment for growth
• An institutional culture that values teaching excellence, scholarly achievement, creative pursuits, and lifelong learning
Learn why NJCU is the right place for you to achieve your personal vision and goals.
ABOUT New Jersey City University (NJCU)
The mission at New Jersey City University (NJCU) is to provide a diverse population with an excellent education. The University is committed to the improvement of the educational, intellectual, cultural, socioeconomic, and physical environment of the surrounding urban region and beyond. Established in 1927 as a training school for teachers, today NJCU is among the most comprehensive universities in the state. Located in Jersey City, NJ, and minutes from New York City, NJCU's fully accredited College of Arts and Sciences, Education, Professional Studies, and School of Business offer 43 undergraduate degree programs and 28 master’s programs and 2 doctoral programs, including emerging and interdisciplinary fields.
NJCU students engage in rigorous applied-learning experiences that include opportunities to study abroad, and cooperative education internships. NJCU operates two additional campus sites—NJCU School of Business at Harborside Plaza 2 in Jersey City’s financial district and NJCU at Brookdale in Wall Township in Monmouth County.